Den europeiske konkurransen Åke Blomström Award gir unge talenter mulighet til å gjennomføre sin første radiodokumentar.
Gjennom en søknad og kort eksempel på radioproduksjon ønsker den internasjonale gruppen bak Åke Blomström Award å gi unge talenter mulighet til å delta på workshops og få coaching. Man får dekket reise og oppholdt til International feature Conferance i Wien og Prix Europa i Berlin.
Deltakere skal være under 35 år og uetablerte som radiodokumentarister. Man kan være både frilanser og ansatt i NRK. Et premiss for deltakelse er at man får en søknad godkjent av NRK Radiodokumentaren. Utstyr kan du låne av oss og vi gir hjelp med det tekniske.
Målet for alle parter er også at det hele skal ende opp med en radiodokumentar som kan sendes på NRK P2.
Fristen er 15. januar 2016.
Her er regler og mer info om konkurransen:
The Åke Blomström Award offers to young and promising radio feature makers the chance to attend a special documentary training program, to join the International Feature Conference and to participate in the Prix Europa 2016.
The Award addresses young radio talents who are at the beginning of their career as feature makers. We are explicitly looking for feature makers with great potential rather than for those who already have much experience and expertise.
Each of the winners will be assigned a personal coach who will mentor them in documentary making throughout the year. The winners will attend a two-day coaching session in Vienna on 7 & 8th May 2016, immediately before the start of the International Feature Conference (IFC) which will be held from 8th to 12th of May at the same location. All coaches are award winning radio producers from all over Europe.
The prize money will cover travel, accommodation and daily allowances during the two-day training course and the visit of the IFC. At the IFC, the Åke Blomström Award winners will meet experienced feature makers from all over the world, will listen to and discuss a broad range of inspiring radio documentary programs and will attend workshops and seminars on radio documentary making.
After the IFC, the winners will work online with their coaches in order to produce a documentary of approximately 30 minutes by the 1st of February 2017.
On 14th October 2016, one day before Prix Europa starts, the winners will attend a one-day training in Berlin as well as the Radio Documentary Jury session of Prix Europa (15 - 21st October 2016). The prize money will cover travel cost, accommodation and a daily allowance.
After the Prix Europa, the winners will continue to work online with their coaches. Each radio documentary should be accomplished by 1st of February 2017. Program editors of the Åke Blomström Award winners’ radio stations are kindly asked not to interfere in the developing process.
- Each submission should be made by an individual feature maker. Group entries are not acceptable.
The following should be sent to each member of the selection committee listed below:
- A short CV including date of birth, education and radio experience to date
- A summary of why the candidate wishes to undertake the documentary training/mentoring
- A letter of support from the relevant broadcasting corporation or institution, including a commitment to technical support for the trainee.
- Candidates must be aware that an English translation of the script for the production will be necessary.
- A 5 min creative audio presentation where the candidates will explain with their own voice in English to the selection committee their motivation, expectation, and experience in radio (preferably in wav or mp3 format). Excerpts from their former programs can be used. The audio presentation should be sent to the committee members EITHER by uploading the audio file to a cloudservice like www.wetransfer.com, or www.dropbox.com. The audio file must be clearly named with “ABA” (Åke Blomström Award) and with the “name” of the author and it must be sent to the chairperson of Åke Blomström Award: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No author may submit more than one audio presentation.
- A complete transcript/translation of the audio presentation in English
- A treatment for a documentary the candidate wishes to propose for the training/mentoring process (max. one page).
- Please send all the written documents via email to email@example.com
The closing date for the entry of submissions for the 2016 Åke Blomström Award is 15th of January 2016.