Lørdag ble det kjent at en av verdens mest kjente boksere har gått bort. Muhammad Ali ble 74 år gammel.
1. «Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can't hit what his eyes can't see. Now you see me, now you don't. George thinks he will, but I know he won't.» Dette sa Ali en gang journalister som ba ham beskrive boksestilen sin, skriver Pix.com.
2. «Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.»
3. «I'm young; I'm handsome; I'm fast. I can't possibly be beat.»
4. «Don’t count the days; make the days count.»
5. «If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.»
6. «It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.»
7. «Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up»
8. «If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.»
9. «Cassius Clay is a slave name. I didn't choose it, and I didn't want it. I am Muhammad Ali, a free name, and I insist people using it when speaking to me and of me.»
10. «I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.»
11. «Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the ekstra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.»
12. «I'm so mean, I make medicine sick.» Ali sa dette før det historiske kampen «Rumble in the Jungle» i 1974, i Zaire mot George Foreman.
13. «I should be a postage stamp. That's the only way I'll ever get licked.»
14. «Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.»
15. «He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.»
16. «A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.»
17. «I shook up the world. Me! Whee!»
18. «I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion‘.»
19. «At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.»
20. «A man who has no imagination has no wings.»
21. «Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.»
22. «I’m not the greatest, I’m the double greatest.»
23. «Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right.»