The broadcasting licence fee is due twice a year, January 31st and July 31st. You can expect to receive the invoice approximately three weeks prior to the due date.
When you register for a new licence you will receive the first invoice approximately a week from when we receive your registration. The first invoice will contain a demand from the 1st in the month after you started using the television receiver, and up to the end of the current period when the licence is registered.
When a television receiver is purchased, the dealer is obligated to report the purchase to the NRK Licence department. If the television receiver is purchased by a private individual that already has a licence, there will not be registered a new licence. For individuals who does not already have a licence, and for businesses, a new licence will be registered with a demand from the date the television receiver was purchased, and up to the end of the current period.
Unfortunately we find that some dealers sometimes are behind on reporting to us. This may cause that the first demand on newly registered licences are for a longer period than usual. The NRK Licence department regret this, but we also refer to the obligation to register with a licence when acquiring a television receiver, cf. section 6 in the Regulations relating to television receivers .
- What is the broadcasting licence fee?
- Who are obligated to pay the broadcasting licence fee?
- What kind of electronic equipment requires a broadcasting licence fee?
- Can one broadcasting licence fee cover several individuals in a private household?
- What can I do if I have been wrongly registered with a broadcasting licence fee?
- Is information concerning a licence confidential between the licence holder and the NRK?
- What should we do when someone moves to an institution with a communal licence?
- How much is the broadcasting licence fee?
- I have moved in with my partner, do we both have to pay the broadcasting licence fee?
- When can we expect to receive the invoice for the broadcasting licence fee?
- What happens if you pay the broadcasting licence fee after the due date?
- Have you received a notice from the Norwegian National Collection Agency?
- Can the licence fee be paid with Direct Debit (AvtaleGiro) and Electronic invoice (eFaktura)?
- When should I register for a licence if I have a television receiver in use?
- How can I appeal a decision made by the NRK Licence department?
- What applies if I live and/or work abroad for part of the year?
- Do we have to pay licence fee when a television receiver is used without television signals?
- What to do if the licence holder dies?