If you, despite your objection to the claim, still disagree with NRKs decision to maintain the claim for broadcasting licence fee, you have the opportunity to appeal the NRKs decision.
Pursuant to the Broadcasting Regulations section 8-2 is the Norwegian Media Authority the appeals authority in respect of decisions made by the NRK and in respect of individual decisions made by the NRK pursuant to regulations issued under section 8-3 of the Act relating to broadcasting.
The appeal deadline is 3 weeks and is calculated from the day you receive the letter stating the NRKs decision.
An appeal to The Norwegian Media Authority is to be sent to the NRK Licence department and must contain the following:
- It has to clearly state that the complaint is to be processed by the Norwegian Media Authority
- The complaint must show that the decision is being appealed, and state the alteration desired
- The complaint must be signed by the appellant or his agent
The complaint must mention the reasons which support the complaint, and any other information that might be relevant to the adjudication of the complaint.
When the NRK receives a complaint to the Norwegian Media Authority, the ongoing process is utilized in accordance with the appeal rules, that the NRK should make a new assessment of the decision complained about.
If the NRK after a new assessment changes the previous decision, the NRK alone determines the appeal. A letter about the change is then sent to the appellant.
If the NRK, after a new assessment upholds the previous decision, all the appeal documents will be sent to the Norwegian Media Authority for a final decision. A copy of the appeal documents sent from the NRK to the Norwegian Media Authority will be sent to the appellant.
- What is the broadcasting licence fee?
- Who are obligated to pay the broadcasting licence fee?
- What kind of electronic equipment requires a broadcasting licence fee?
- Can one broadcasting licence fee cover several individuals in a private household?
- What can I do if I have been wrongly registered with a broadcasting licence fee?
- Is information concerning a licence confidential between the licence holder and the NRK?
- What should we do when someone moves to an institution with a communal licence?
- How much is the broadcasting licence fee?
- I have moved in with my partner, do we both have to pay the broadcasting licence fee?
- When can we expect to receive the invoice for the broadcasting licence fee?
- What happens if you pay the broadcasting licence fee after the due date?
- Have you received a notice from the Norwegian National Collection Agency?
- Can the licence fee be paid with Direct Debit (AvtaleGiro) and Electronic invoice (eFaktura)?
- When should I register for a licence if I have a television receiver in use?
- How can I appeal a decision made by the NRK Licence Department?
- What applies if I live and/or work abroad for part of the year?
- Do we have to pay licence fee when a television receiver is used without television signals?
- What to do if the licence holder dies?