NRK Meny

14.What happens if I live abroad for part of the year?

If you live abroad for part of the year, you can, under certain conditions, be able to get a rebate on your TV licence fee for some of the year, provided that your receiver equipment is not in use in Norway during that time.

To qualify for this, you must contact the NRK's Licensing department in writing before you leave the country, stating when you will be leaving and returning.

Rebates are not allowed retrospectively, cf Regulations relating to television receivers, section 1.