Snow and low clouds threatened visibility from the morning on the first day of the Biathlon World Championships. Fortunately the weather cleared up shortly before scheduled start of the mixed relay, and the competition could run as planned.
The competition contained all the elements that make biathlon the world's most exciting sport. Finally the French captured the gold medal ahead of the German and the Norwegian teams.
The Host Broadcaster multilateral production went without difficulties and the activity in the mixed zone was intense. After a competition-free day on Friday everybody is looking forward to the sprint events on Saturday!
Broadcaster meeting 4 March
The first day of competition was reviewed at the broadcaster meeting on Friday morning. Among the adressed issues were the following:
- Due to disturbance of microphones and in-ear equipment, a frequency coordination meeting with all broadcasters will be held on Friday morning at 09:00.
- Problems with wired interenet connections is being solved by LOC.
- An issue with a defect light bulb in mixed zone was solved; LOC will ensure that service staff is available on site.
- Broadcasters are reminded that interviews in the stadium are to take place in designated areas only.
- The power save mode on the tv sets in the commentator booths has now been turned off.
- EBU/Host Broadcaster will ensure that ENG crews be allowed on the photo stand in Medal Plaza.
- Next broadcaster meeting: Sunday 6 March 10:00 in Host Broadcaster meeting room, IBC level 2
Watch NRK Host Broadcaster photos in the album below: